Credit for this goes to Chuck Z over at “From my position, on the way”. I haven’t back checked his facts but, I have no reason to doubt them.
A little over one year ago:
- Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;
- Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;
- The unemployment rate was 4.5%.
Since voting in a Democratic Congress in 2006 we have
- Consumer confidence plummeting
- The cost of regular gasoline soar to over $3.90 a gallon;
- Unemployment is up to 5%
- American households have seen $2.3 trillion in equity value evaporate (stock and mutual fund losses);
- Americans have seen their home equity drop by $1.2 trillion dollars;
- 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.
America voted for change in 2006, and we got it!
Remember it’s Congress that makes law not the President. He has to work with what’s handed to him.
‘My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you’ll join with me as we try to change it.’ Barack Obama